This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Why We Took a Stand on Trump (Los Angeles Times): “We decided to move ahead because the future of the nation is at stake. These editorials set a baseline to help measure the president’s performance over the rest of his term, especially how truthful he is, his relationship with the media and how well he curbs his recklessness and impulsiveness.”
- New Mexico Outlaws School ‘Lunch Shaming’ (New York Times): “The law’s passage is a victory for anti-hunger activists, who have long been critical of lunch-shaming practices that single out children with insufficient funds on their electronic swipe cards or who lack the necessary cash.”
- A Play About a Small Pennsylvania City Is What Art Should Look Like in Trump’s America (Huffington Post): “In order for us to move forward, we have to figure out a way for all these disparate voices to stand in one place and find common ground.”
- Getty, MuslimGirl Partner to Diversify Images of Muslim Women (NBC News): “…Positive imagery can have a tremendous impact by fighting stereotypes, celebrating diversity, and making communities feel empowered and represented in society.”
- ’60 Minutes’: Billionaire Behind Chobani Talks Hiring Refugees (The Hill): “The minute they get a job, that’s the minute they stop being a refugee.”
- Opinion: The Progressive Guide for Sanity (KentWired.com): “The minute you concede to the conservatives in power marks the decline of our continued movement for civil rights and social justice. Hold onto your hope.”
- Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz Affirms Immigrant Protections (Washington Post): “We want to continue to maintain the community trust among the residents we are obligated to protect. Driving people underground makes us less safe.”
- The Resistance Just Got Smarter (Good.is): “…People shouldn’t have to go to eight different organizations and eight different websites to find out about policy and issues that impact their lives.”
- Growing a Living Resistance to Trump’s Anti-Climate Policies (Fast Company): “I think the real and exciting part of this is that there’s an actual benefit growing from Trump’s stupidity.”
- How Can ‘Sanctuary Cities’ Resist Trump? This Lawsuit Could Provide a Blueprint (PRI): “…If Congress uses unrelated funds and says, ‘We won’t give you these funds unless you carry out immigration enforcement actions,’ the Supreme Court has said in other cases, that is not permissible under the Constitution.”
Categories: COMPASSIONATE RESISTANCE
Michael Thaddeus Doyle
I'm a NYC-native, Latino, Jew-by-choice, hardcore WDW fan in Chicago with an Irish last name. I believe in social justice, big cities, and public transit. I do nonprofit development. I've written this blog since 2005. Believe in the world you want to live in.