This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Regional News: Pitkin Co. Commissioners Pass Pro-Immigrant Resolution (Vail Daily): “Pitkin County departments and personnel ‘shall not perform the functions of a federal immigration officer’ or use county money or facilities to enforce or assist ‘any federal program requiring registration of individuals on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or national origin.'”