This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- 6 Reasons Why Love Made Me A Progressive Christian (Patheos): “You know what ultimately ‘saved’ me from my prejudice toward LGBTQ+ persons, more than any philosophical or scientific or biblical argument? People. Like, actually having friends who are LGBTQ+. Turns out they are just like me! Their love is really love—not selfish, twisted, or God-hating.”
- Volunteers Usher US Immigrants to Court to Allay Their Fears (US News): “Accompaniment volunteers aren’t lawyers and don’t offer legal advice, but they say they’ve become an important part of the support network of immigrants because their presence in a courtroom or waiting room shows the immigrant has ties to the community.”