This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- This Is How You Win a Campaign Against Transphobia (ThinkProgress): “Building on decades of local community-based organizing, Trans United Fund has brought together movement leaders from across the country who have one important thing in common: they’re all transgender.”
- Fighting Fake News with Immigrant Stories (Civil Eats): “Almost every culture has a tradition of family meals. By telling these personal, beautiful and inspiring stories, I think there’s an opportunity to get someone to have a little different perspective on one family or a group of people or culture.”