This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Compassion Drives Programs for Youth Offenders (St. Augustine Record): “Don’t get me wrong, these boys have committed serious crimes. But that doesn’t mean you never recover from that mistake. Shame on us, if we don’t do something to make a difference.”
- Apps for Refugees (The Atlantic): “The resulting technologies are already helping refugees gather crucial information, reconnect with lost relatives, and establish a legal identity in new countries.”