This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Maine Grandmas Expand Fight for Reproductive Rights (BDN Maine): “Those of us who have lived this many years and who are not in our reproductive years anymore worry about our granddaughters and grandsons—that they wouldn’t have health care. That’s upped the need for our advocacy.”
- Georgia’s Progressive Resistance (Slate): “[D]on’t believe the White House spin that this was not a rebuke of the President. The more closely aligned a candidate was with President Trump, the worse that candidate did.”
- Redlands Is Now a Compassionate City (Redlands Daily Facts): “It does not require any monetary contribution. It’s not legislation. It’s just a reminder of the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”