This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Metro Churches Encourage 1 Million Acts of Love (WOWT 6 Omaha): “That’s the transcendent piece in this is you don’t have to be of a particular faith to join in the movement. You can be extending love to people no matter what your spiritual background.”
- ACT UP at 30: Reinvigorated for Trump Fight (NPR): “Younger generations…it’s kind of a learning experience for them to realize that there were times in history when others felt the same, and were yet not dispirited by it but found a way to plow through it and find that power.”
- The Price of Resistance (Common Dreams): “We may feel, in the face of the ruthless corporate destruction of our nation, our culture and our ecosystem, powerless and weak. But we are not. We have a power that terrifies the corporate state.”