This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- What Happens When We Fund Art? (Berkshire Eagle): “The data show that what’s at stake are not cutting-edge, big-city provocateurs, but traditional artists who focus on such decidedly noncommercial traditions as crafts and mountain music.”
- An Anti-Trump Easter Awakening (New York Daily News): “How can Christian supporters of Trump claim to adhere to Jesus’ clear call when the President’s proposed budget would slash vital programs that make food, housing, heat, health and education available for the poorest and most vulnerable, all while his administration is poised to cut taxes for the richest Americans?”