This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Why We Took a Stand on Trump (Los Angeles Times): “We decided to move ahead because the future of the nation is at stake. These editorials set a baseline to help measure the president’s performance over the rest of his term, especially how truthful he is, his relationship with the media and how well he curbs his recklessness and impulsiveness.”
- New Mexico Outlaws School ‘Lunch Shaming’ (New York Times): “The law’s passage is a victory for anti-hunger activists, who have long been critical of lunch-shaming practices that single out children with insufficient funds on their electronic swipe cards or who lack the necessary cash.”
- Opinion: The Progressive Guide for Sanity (KentWired.com): “The minute you concede to the conservatives in power marks the decline of our continued movement for civil rights and social justice. Hold onto your hope.”
- The Resistance Just Got Smarter (Good.is): “…People shouldn’t have to go to eight different organizations and eight different websites to find out about policy and issues that impact their lives.”