This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Our Dishonest President (Los Angeles Times): “Those who oppose the new president’s reckless and heartless agenda must make their voices heard. Protesters must raise their banners. Voters must turn out for elections. Members of Congress — including and especially Republicans — must find the political courage to stand up to Trump. Courts must safeguard the Constitution. ” (*First of a six-part series*)
- Freedom House Opens Doors to Healing (Visalia Times-Delta): “The nonprofit will help both labor and sex trafficking victims. Services include comprehensive case management, crisis counseling, shelter, emergency financial assistance, criminal justice support, information and referral, ongoing mental health services and legal advocacy.”
- Arab Americans Lead the Charge for US Civil Liberties (AlJazeera): “Most of our work is done in coalitions. This is intentional. We come from a tradition of Third World liberation movements in solidarity with one another. We understand that we are more powerful and more effective when we shape our work according to the value of joint struggle.”