This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Meetup Leaps into the Trump Resistance Movement (CBS News): “It’s one thing for a CEO to say, ‘I’m going to stand up aghainst a politician. It’s even further for the company to mobilize its people…When a line is crossed, we have a civic duty not to be quiet.”
- City to Immigrants: ‘You’re Welcome in White Plains’ (Journal News): “Our police officers will not ask you your immigration status. Our police are here to protect you…We don’t want you to be afraid. We will not contact ICE. We will not enforce immigration laws of our federal government.”
- Brands Are Promoting Muslim Inclusivity in Trump’s America (Digiday): “We knew it was a bold statement, but it was also a very important one for us to make. It was what our users expected from us, and it was also the perfect time to represent diversity and to stand up for our core values.”
- Black Lives Matter Groups Joining Forces with Wage Activists (Seattle Times): “It’s one thing to be able to make a living wage, but to go home from work and be harassed by the police or treated differently in our communities, or discriminated against in the workplace…I need to be treated as a human being. They’re one and the same fight.”