This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- How Churches Can Give Sanctuary and Still Support the Law (Christianity Today): “But really what’s needed is the hard work of legislative advocacy, of finding people lawyers, the willingness to take on children whose parents have been deported. This work is not very fun or exciting, but it’s crucial.”