This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- If Sunday is for Church, This Group Wants Saturdays for Activism (Huffington Post): “[Civic Saturday events] are about what it means to be responsible for one another in a community. What will you do when roundups happen of your undocumented friends? What will you do when budgets get slashed for causes you believe in? The “
- Here’s a Way to Resist Trump: Share Your Abortion Story (Vocativ): “By standing together to end abortion stigma, sharing our stories, and engaging in a personal conversation about abortion in our society, we can begin to create the understanding we need to make abortion accessible for all who need it.”