This post is part of my “Compassionate Resistance” series, a regular roundup of stories of local resistance from across America. This series was inspired by and is part of Powerful Resistance, a grassroots project to counter the injustice of the current administration by promoting positive stories of justice and compassion.
- Learn more about my Compassionate Resistance series.
- Browse my Compassionate Resistance series archive.
- Follow my Compassionate Resistance Twitter feed at @Comp2Resist.
- Learn more about the Powerful Resistance project on Facebook.
- Little Shop of Stories Spreads Kindness (American Booksellers Association): “The Decatur, Georgia, bookstore uses monthly themed book clubs and events to help kids and their parents explore ideas of community and compassion through literature.”
- Empathy as Resistance in Trump’s America (Huffington Post): “When those stories are told, and told well, they can produce precisely the sort of engagement and empathy that can and do inspire further awareness and action.”
- Women Are Leading the Fight for Renewable Energy (Ms. Magazine Blog): “We started out with an idea that if mothers were invited into a space and given the opportunity to work with other mothers on these issues for the sake of protecting their children that they would embrace that opportunity. And it’s true.”